If you are new to Sheng Zhen Meditation, welcome!
Following is a guide for how, and in what order, we suggest you learn.
There are a total of 9 steps to Sheng Zhen Meditation. Each step has 2 forms. A form is a meditative practice that is done standing, sitting, or laying down. (So, a total of 18 forms.)
It is not necessary to learn all 18 forms. Start with Step One (Gathering Qi and Awakening the Soul), and stay with Step One for several months or longer, before learning any more. Best to go deeply into a form, learn and know it well, and get established in the "Sheng Zhen" state through knowing one step well.
It is ideal to learn at a Sheng Zhen class with a certified Sheng Zhen Teacher. See links below to find a teacher near you.
If you cannot learn from a teacher in person, you can learn Sheng Zhen Meditation online through our Vimeo training videos. These are currently for purchase at a modest cost. Links to Vimeo trainings are with the sample of each form below. (You will need to set up a Vimeo account -- simply an email and password). Each Vimeo video has a "trailer" so you can get an idea of the type and quality of training you will receive with Master Li.
Again, take your time learning and practicing each of the 9 steps. Best to not be in any hurry! It is best to do one form well for several months (or longer!) before moving on to the next.
For best results it is recommended that the forms be learned in the following order:
- Gathering Qi (standing): Nourishing the Heart (a seated or standing form)
- Awakening the Soul (a seated form)
- Sheng Zhen Healing, Stage I (a seated form)
- Sheng Zhen Healing, Stage II (a seated form)
- Heaven Nature Contemplation (a standing form)
- Heart Spirit as One (a seated form)
- Union of Three Hearts Meditation (a seated form)
- 9 Turns Meditation (a laying-down form)
- Heart Mind as One (a standing form)
- Listening to the Heart (a seated form)
- Return to Spring (a standing form)
- Heaven Earth Contemplation (a seated form)
- Releasing the Heart (a standing form)
- Origin of the Heart (a standing form)
- Sheng Zhen Healing, Stage III (a seated form)
- Breath of Life: Healing for the Lungs (an advanced seated and standing form)
- Strength in Balance: Healing for the Liver (an advanced seated and standing form)
- Light of Purity: Healing for the Kidneys (an advanced seated and standing form)
Thank you for visiting our website, and for your interest in Sheng Zhen Meditation.
We hope you will be curious, explore these mystical movements and contemplations, dive deep into your inner essence, use the forms to feel more connected with others and with this beautiful planet, and then come back for more. There is a "deep well" in experiencing Sheng Zhen Meditation.
Please note, that while you can learn the first 15 forms online, the last 3 forms can only be learned, in person, during a training with Master Li.
If you have any questions, please contact us, or find a teacher near you with the links at the top of the page.