Sheng Zhen Teacher Training
Below please find information to guide you through the process of becoming a Sheng Zhen teacher:
- Prerequisites for attending Sheng Zhen teacher training
- Additional requirements for attending Sheng Zhen teacher training
- Sheng Zhen "participant" requirements at a teacher training
- What you need to submit with your application
- Requirements to receive full certification as a Sheng Zhen teacher
- Sheng Zhen certified teacher principles
- Link to upcoming Sheng Zhen teacher trainings
1. Prerequisites for attending Sheng Zhen Teacher Training
In order to attend a SZ Teacher Training, everyone must have had education in the following forms:
• Gathering Qi and Awakening the Soul (Step 1 in SZ curriculum)
• SZ Healing Gong – parts 1&2 (Step 2 in SZ curriculum),
• The Union of Three Hearts and 9 Turns (Step 4 in SZ curriculum) and
• either Heaven Nature Gong and Heart Spirit as One (Step 3 in SZ curriculum)
• or Heart Mind as One and Listening to the Heart (Step 5 in SZ curriculum).
You may qualify as a Sheng Zhen Teacher in Training Participant or as a Sheng Zhen Seminar Participant. (see more information in #3 below).
The training experience during the retreat will be the same for all participants. First priority is given to Cert. Sheng Zhen Teachers and Sheng Zhen Teacher in Training Participants.
2. Additional Sheng Zhen Teacher in Training Requirements
1. You have studied Sheng Zhen Gong forms for a minimum of 2 years. This includes a minimum of 54 instruction hours each year from a certified or approved Sheng Zhen [SZ] teacher, with at least 12 of your hours from Master Li Junfeng or Li Jing, or
2. You have studied Sheng Zhen Gong forms for a minimum of 1 year. This includes a minimum of 108 instruction hours from a certified or approved SZ teacher, with at least 12 of your hours from Master Li Jun Feng or Li Jing. The date you first started with a Sheng Zhen teacher will be needed when applying for certification. Please contact Don Leathers at email@example.com for a list of certified or approved teachers in your area or check the SZ web site at www.shengzhen.org.
3. Sheng Zhen Seminar Participant Requirements
If you are unable to meet all of the TT prerequisites above, you may still apply to attend the TT course as a seminar participant. You must have studied with Master Li, a Certified Sheng Zhen Teacher, or an Approved Sheng Zhen Teacher. If, after the TT, you decid to teach, your first TT session will be noted as a seminar and not be applied towards teacher certification.
Attending your first TT as a seminar counts as 50 hours towards the requirements for future TT’s. The second TT attended will be applied toward your teacher certification. You will still need to know the forms listed in prerequisites.
4.What you need to submit with your application:
1) A Letter of Recommendation [LOR].
A LOR is required only if you have never attended TT before and is written by a certified SZ teacher on your behalf. The letter should state that you have fulfilled the prerequisites and that you are ready to attend a TT. You may find a Certified Sheng Zhen Teacher listed at www.shengzhen.org.
2) A Letter of Intent [LOI].
All participants must write a LOI prior to each TT attended. The LOI is written in your own words, answering the three questions on the teacher training application form. Even if you have attended teacher training in the past many times, please take the time to sit with these questions and write what you feel.
In addition, submit the application for the TT you are applying to. The bottom of the page for links. (The LOI is part of the online application form.)
5. To become a Certified Sheng Zhen teacher:
To be a certified Sheng Zhen teacher, one must understand the Sheng Zhen philosophy, live a Sheng Zhen life, respect others always (to have no conflict with others) and know the various Sheng Zhen Gong forms. All people are encouraged to share the practice with their friends and family after they have learned from Master Li or a local Sheng Zhen teacher. To be considered for a Sheng Zhen Teacher certification, the MINIMUM number of teaching hours required is 180 hours of teaching experience.
1. Attending 2 Teacher Trainings within 2 years (each count as 85 hours for a 10 day TT towards the total 180 hours), and
2.Having practiced teaching Sheng Zhen Gong forms for a MINIMUM of 80 hours. This equates to a 1-hour class per week for 40 weeks over two years or two 1-hour classes per week for 40 weeks in one year. Note: This does not include demonstrations or leading a group in the movements, but practicing teaching the SZ forms. All people are encouraged to share the practice with others after they have learned from Master Li or an approved or certified teacher.
No one can be certified unless he or she has attended AT LEAST 2 Teacher Trainings and fulfilled all of the prerequisites.
6. Sheng Zhen Certified Teacher Principles
All Sheng Zhen Teachers:
• Have the same standard and explanation of the movements and philosophy, as defined by Master Li and Jing and use only their DVD’s, books, webinars and YouTube videos as teaching tools. Teachers do not make their own Sheng Zhen products.
• Attend one Teacher Training at least every two years and keep their profile updated on the International Sheng Zhen website.
• Maintain regular contact with the broader Sheng Zhen teaching community.
• Work together and respect each other without competition. Speak well of each other.
• Help others, serve others, share the practice.
Soon, we will have all of the information for the 2017 Teacher Trainings available. Check the website for details. Save the dates in your calendars:
The Philippines, February 16-25, 2017.
Austin, Texas, May 22 - June 1, 2017 with additional workshop available Sat & Sun, May 20-21, 2017
Israel, October 15 - 24, 2017 (one day workshop the day before, October 14)
Croatia, October 27 - November 6, 2017